Barbecue Salmon – Bariatric Friendly 2 Ingredient Meal
If you like Salmon…and you’ve had weight loss surgery…this recipe is for you! It doesn’t get easier than this.
I used frozen salmon fillets which means you can have these ingredients on hand at all times for an easy back up plan when your original plans fall through.
You can also bake this recipe, I just find a grill pan over the stove top to bring a bit more flavor. After Gastric Sleeve, Bypass or Band surgery, it’s nice to have a soft flakey fish on occasion. This is a good meal if your pouch has been irritated and you’re slowly moving back to solid foods. It’s not as dense and solid as beef or pork, yet it’s more solid than scrambled eggs or Greek yogurt.
Take small bites, pause in between bites and stop at the first sign of fullness!
Barbecue Salmon - Bariatric Friendly 2 Ingredient Meal
- 4 (4 oz) Salmon fillets (thawed if frozen)
- 4 tbsp low sugar bbq sauce (lowest sugar available)
- 2 tbsp grill seasoning
- Thaw salmon if using frozen. Set salmon out for about 20 minutes before cooking if able.
- Heat a grill pan to high heat on the stovetop. Spray with cooking spray. Turn heat down to medium low. Brush the salmon fillets with the barbecue sauce.
- Place salmon on grill and grill about 5 minutes without moving. Flip and continue cooking for 3-4 more minutes. Spread a bit more bbq sauce over the fish. Sprinkle a pinch of grill seasoning on top as you cook.
- Flip one more time and spread a bit more bbq sauce. Cook for one more minute. Remove from heat. Fish should be flakey at this point and ready to serve.