Bread free chicken nuggets!
Ideal for patients following a low carb diet after Gastric Sleeve, Bypass, DS or other WLS procedure.
Chicken nuggets made nicely! I have always been a big, BIG fan of chicken nuggets and barbecue sauce. I had my doubts when I first created this, but let me assure you, I was not disappointed!
The secret ingredient to disguising them like chicken nuggets? Well. It just so happens to be my favorite secret ingredient for SO many of my low carb recipes.
Grated parmesan cheese!
For this recipe I use the grated cheese to substitute the breaded crust. I also use it in my meatloaf or meatball recipes instead of breadcrumbs. You’d be amazed how many meatloaf recipes I have on this site. I really, really love meatloaf.
As always, you do want to be cautious with sugar content in your bbq sauce- look for the lowest available or order some online and keep it on hand! Kraft Light, Original, 30 Calorie Barbecue Sauce, 16.25-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 6)
You don’t HAVE to use barbecue sauce, of course. Any lower sugar condiment is just find for dipping. I also really like a lower fat honey mustard and sometimes, I just use mustard :)
*IF you are new to my site! Please note recipes that have a pink border on them are for members to FoodCoach.Me (you can find out more here) and all the others are free for your use!
Bread-Free Chicken Nuggets
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 3/4 cup Grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp seasoning salt or poultry seasoning
- 1 lb chicken tenderloin, cut into chunks
- low sugar ketchup or bbq sauce
- Put a large skillet on medium high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Put two dinner plates side by side. In one plate pour the egg whites and the other mixed together parmesan cheese, and seasoning.
- Coat each piece of chicken tenderloin in egg wash and then parmesan cheese mixture. Add to heated skillet.
- .Cook on each side until lightly browned and crispy, about 5 minutes per side. Cut into thickest part of a chicken nugget and check for no pink and clear juice. Serve with low sugar barbecue sauce or ketchup.