Broccoli Slaw – Weight Loss Surgery Recipe
I have been getting several requests lately for more vegetables side dishes, especially in the summer time. This recipe is a great go-to.
Have you ever had a broccoli slaw or broccoli salad? It’s delicious! Broccoli can be such a hit or miss for me, but coated in something tasty and now we are talkin!
But, as luck would have it, creamy broccoli slaw is high in fat. Waaah waah. So I recreated this recipe to stay mindful of fat (and therefore calorie) content annnnd still provide deliciousness. I’ll consider myself thanked. And for that, you are welcome ; )
Broccoli Slaw - Weight Loss Surgery Recipe
- 1 tsp salt
- 5-6 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 1 pound of florets)
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup fat free mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Bring a large pot of water, plus 1 teaspoon of salt, to a boil. Add the broccoli florets. Cook 1-2 minutes, depending on desired texture. Drain the broccoli and immediately put into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Let cool and drain.
- Combine broccoli florets, almonds, and chopped onion in a large serving bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and cider vinegar. Add dressing to the salad and toss to mix well. Chill thoroughly before serving.