If you’re like me, you’ve seen all these cauliflower recipes floating around Pinterest and just wondering “does that actually work??”
I’m a skeptic when it comes to cauliflower. Mainly because I don’t like it. I have little reason to eat cauliflower by itself and a big piece of roasted cauliflower will quickly get passed by me. Not so much my thing.
I’ve had some success with cauliflower pizza in the past, but actually prefer the zucchini pizza. I think it’s a combination of the smell of cauliflower and the lack of taste. SO when a cauliflower recipe comes through Pinterest or my inbox, I debate and debate and then eventually try it. Because finding a good “recipe hack” for a high carb dish that can be re-created with cauliflower…who doesn’t love the thought of that?!
I found the original recipe here and Pinned it for later. I adapted it by using butter spray instead of butter and garlic powder instead of onion powder. My husband and I both approved the tots and said “Yep. We’d eat them again!” It won’t be on the top of my menu list (I’m fairly certain no cauliflower recipe will ever be) but for them to get the nod for another appearance one day…I feel comfortable passing the recipe along to you ;)
Cauliflower Tots - Pinterest Recipe Review!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 8 tbsp low-fat grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 large eggs
- pinch each salt and pepper
- spray butter
- Preheat oven to 425F. Meanwhile, prep the cauliflower by cutting off stems and leaves and roughly cutting into small sizes. Add cauliflower to a food processor in batches and pulse until finely grated and looks similar to rice.
- Move to a microwave safe bowl and add 2 tbsp water. Microwave for 4 minutes. Remove from microwave and drain.
- Add eggs, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and garlic powder. Mix well until combine. Using a cooking scoop or spoon, divide cauliflower mixture evenly onto baking sheet or baking stone. Shape a little into tots.
- Spray tops of the tots with butter spray. Bake for 18 minutes. Remove, let cool and serve.