Back to School Special!
$25 to BariBox, with purchase of 12 month membership*See Details
*new customers only
Chicken Burrito Salad Bowl – WLS Recipes
Goodness I had a hard time thinking of a name for this dish. There are some key points about this meal I want to get across:
1. It’s ridiculously easy.
2. It’s insanely flavorful.
3. It’s low-carb and great for bariatric patients.
I didn’t know how to get that across. “Super Easy Flavor Packed Chicken Taco Salad” was a close runner up :)
Here is the most important thing to know about this meal. It’s all about the chicken. Here’s the second most important thing to know about this meal: the chicken has only two ingredients.
The cats out of the bag. I heavily sprinkled taco seasoning on all sides of my chicken breast and patted the seasoning into the meat just like a rub. Then I tore up some leafy romaine, wedged a few Roma tomatoes, sprinkled some chopped cilantro and put a generous dollop of fat-free plain Greek yogurt.
To take it one notch higher on the “easy scale” I made my chicken in the microwave with my Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker ($88). It’s stoneware so it keeps the moisture locked in and cooks the chicken in about 16 minutes. I also used my Pampered Chef Salad Choppers ($27.50) to dice up the chicken really fast. You can also bake the chicken or use a slow cooker.
This meal is PERFECT for a night you’ll be getting home late. Plan ahead and have the ingredients in the fridge and you’ll be happy!
Chicken Burrito Salad Bowl - WLS Recipes
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2/3 package taco seasoning
- 1 large head of romaine, washed and chopped
- 3 roma tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375. Pat chicken dry with a paper towel and sprinkle taco seasoning generously over both sides of the chicken breasts. Place chicken in a baking dish. Cook for 25 minutes or until internal temp reads 165F.
- While chicken is cooking, rinse and tear apart romaine lettuce. Divide between plates. Cut tomatoes into wedges and chop cilantro. Sprinkle ingredients on dinner plates.
- Once chicken is cooked, let cool and chop. Add to salad plates. Add fat-free plain Greek yogurt. Add other ingredients as desired such as salsa, avocado or reduced fat cheese.