Egg Free Breakfast Ideas
I really, really like eggs. An inexpensive and easy to use protein. Also, versatile and can be made delicious in lots of ways. Unfortunately for some, eggs aren’t always a favorite. I get the question quite often “what can I eat for breakfast when I hate eggs?”
When you are focusing on a protein and plant based diet (what I’ve started calling my personal diet…protein & plant based) it can be hard to think of a breakfast. So many of the traditional breakfasts we think of are high in starch:
oatmeal, toast, waffles, pancakes, hashbrowns, tortillas, english muffins, cereal, smoothies…….you get the idea.
Not only do we have carbohydrates to take into consideration, we also want breakfast to be a fast process as we move out the door for the day. Things start stacking up making this difficult:
Eggs are out of the question.
The good news is, there are options left. There are so many foods out there, surely we can make something work! Grocery stores wouldn’t be as gianormous as they are if we didn’t have any options left. Here is the list I usually run through when talking with a client who is hurried in the morning, following a low starch diet, and hates eggs:
- Deli Meat- not my favorite at breakfast, but wrap around a cheese stick and head out the door- you’re golden.
- Cheese Sticks – so many different flavors, change it up!
- Beef Jerky
- Protein Bar – try to keep carbs and protein balanced on these
- Protein Shake, Ready Made – (I like Atkins and EAS Carb Control….also, you can put it in your coffee as creamer if you’d like!)
- Protein Shake Recipes – try this one or this one
- Cottage cheese & fruit
- Protein pancakes – here’s one recipe and spoiler alert…I’m posting a video on a new recipe soon
Sometimes you just have to walk around the grocery store for new ideas. Or Pinterest ; ) The most important thing is to change it up when you start getting even the faintest inkling of boredom. Once you get food burnout, it’s hard to go back to that food for a long time. When you change it up before you get this far, you are able to interchange more often.
For a more detailed food plan for yourself or your family, contact me here.
One thought on “Egg Free Breakfast Ideas”