I have a (not-so) secret item in my kitchen that has changed the speed of my cooking.
I make fajitas in 15 minutes. I can make pork tenderloin in 12. I can cook chicken and chop it for a Classic Chicken Salad or like this Chopped Chicken Salad I made in just minutes the other night.
I can’t tell you what it is….without sounding like I’m selling it to you. But here’s the thing….I really, really, really think you need it!
I sell Pampered Chef on the side as a fun hobby. I love kitchen tools so much I do it for fun! Since I signed up about a year ago, my life has never been the same as the day I owned a Deep Covered Baker.
Both the Deep Covered Baker and it’s smaller sized cousin, the Round Covered Baker make delicious meals in the microwave in virtually no time at all. I can have the dishes cleaned and the counter wiped down as dinner comes out of the microwave.
For this chopped salad, I was able to rub the chicken with my seasoning of choice (Smoky Applewood by Pampered Chef) and microwave the chicken breast for 15 minutes. I chopped it up and threw it on a bed of arugula with tomato wedges and light balsamic vinaigrette. Super healthy and super fast. What weight-loss surgery patient doesn’t need more of that?!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp seasoning of choice (I used Smoky Applewood)
- 8 oz arugula
- 2 roma tomatoes, wedged
- 2 tbsp light balsamic vinaigrette
**If you have a Deep Covered/Round Baker here’s what I did:
1. Rub all sides of chicken with seasoning. If your baker is new, rub a little olive oil in the bottom. If it’s been used a few times, place the chicken in the bottom of the baker without oil.
2. Place lid on baker and microwave 15 minutes. Time may depend on thickness of your chicken. Check the temperature reads 165F. Meanwhile, layer two plates with arugula and tomatoes.
3. Either using Pamp Chef salad choppers OR moving chicken to a cutting board, dice the chicken.
4. Add chicken to plates and drizzle lightly with vinaigrette.
**If you don’t have a Deep Covered/Round Baker here’s how to make this anyway (with just a bit more time):
1. Preheat oven to 350F OR utilize a slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours.
2. Rub chicken with seasoning and place in baking dish or slow cooker.
3. If using oven, bake for 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature reads 165F. Meanwhile layer 2 plates with arugula and tomatoes.
4. After chicken is cooked, let cool until able to handle and move to a cutting board to dice. Layer on top of salad and drizzle with vinaigrette.