Flank Steak with Peach Salsa
Don’t let the long list of ingredients deter you from making this meal (ahem, happens to me all the time). The list may look long, and it does take more chopping time on the front end, BUT this is a great meal for entertaining and is well worth the extra minutes! Once the salsa is put together, the rest is short and sweet (in more ways than one)!
If you are a weight-loss surgery patient and still looking to lose weight (not yet at your goal weight) you may want to cut one of the carbohydrate containing ingredients from this recipe. Skip either the beans, the watermelon or the peaches instead of using all three or prepare the recipe as listed below but keep you portion of those items small and focus on the steak.
Flank Steak with Fruit Salsa
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lb lean sirloin or flank steak cut into 4 pieces if needed
- 1/2 cup fresh peaches, chopped
- 1/4 cup jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegarette dressing
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- Blend steak sauce and garlic in a blender or food processor until smooth; poor over steaks in a shallow dish. Turn steaks over to coat both sides. Marinate in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Grill steaks for 6 minutes on each side using either grill pan or grill. Meanwhile combine remaining ingredients and top each steak with salsa mixture.