Greek Chicken Bari Bento Box – Make Ahead Lunch Idea
Greek Chicken, Tomatoes and Cucumbers and Yogurt Dill Dip
Bento Boxes are Cute
There is something precious about the Bento Box. They are just CUTE! Also, very practical and feels so great to have lunches prepped in advance.
There is also wonderful benefit of things being portioned well and not necessary to reheat.
There are several Bento Box ideas out there (just search Pinterest) but it does take a bit of extra creativity to find a Bariatric Friendly version. In fact, this is a first on this website! Leftovers are a very common lunch choices for post-op weight loss surgery patients, because there are often leftovers to be had, but putting them in a Bento box for the next day is a fun way to have dinner and lunch ready the next day.
Which Bento Box to use?
I currently only own plastic Bento Box options because I send my daughters lunch to her Mother’s Day Out in one. You can see it above in the picture! However, the options for boxes are endless on Amazon and the reviews show there are several great options. (Affiliate link to Glass Bento Boxes)
Some of the nice, sturdy options can be pricey; many between $20 to $30. You can also purchase disposable options or glass options. I do use glass often in my food storage containers as they clean well and go through a lot of heating (sometimes freezing).
Other Lunch Ideas:
Pictured below includes Tropical Shrimp Ceviche, Asian Chicken Salad and Tuna Salad Stuffed tomatoes.
Greek Chicken Bari Bento Box
- 4 Bento Boxes
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced or pressed
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar divided
- 2 cups 0% fat, plain Greek yogurt divided
- 1 English cucumber peeled and diced, divided
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 tbsp dried dill
- 1 tsp fresh mint chopped finely
- Determine method of cooking chicken - grill, oven or pressure cooker. Begin by marinating the chicken. In a large plastic bag add 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1 tbsp red wine vinegar, 2 cloves garlic and Chicken breasts.
- Cook chicken using preferred method - heat grill to 350 and grill each side 5 minutes or until 160F. Oven to 400 and bake for 22 minutes. Pressure cook for 4 minutes, natural release for 10 minutes.
- While chicken cooks, cut cherry tomatoes in half. Peel and chop cucumber. Add half the cucumber to a medium size bowl, add all cherry tomatoes and toss with 1 tbsp red wine vinegar. Divide mixture in to 4 Bento boxes.
- Place remaining cucumber in a medium bowl and add 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt. Add dill and mint. Stir. Add pinch each salt and pepper. Taste and season further as needed. Divide into another section of the 4 Bento boxes.
- Once chicken is cooked, let cool and slice. Divide 3 ounces into each Bento box. Refrigerate until ready to eat. Good for 4 days.