Back to School Special!
$25 to BariBox, with purchase of 12 month membership*See Details
*new customers only
Greek Green Beans – WLS Recipe
Finding an exciting vegetable side dish is always a challenge. And where I live, finding a vegetable dish that isn’t made with cream or (okay…AND) butter is quite unlikely.
So when your favorite dietitian tells you to focus on lean meats and vegetables, you might be stumped on what to do outside of a can of green beans or an incredibly boring bag of salad.
If you like the salty Mediterranean type flavors that come with feta and olives, you’ll really appreciate this. But…be sure to drink plenty of water so you don’t puff up like a balloon.
Greek Green Beans - WLS Recipe
- 12 oz fresh green beans
- 1 spray cooking spray
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes. halved
- 8 kalamata olives, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 oz reduced fat feta cheese crumbles
- In a large pan of boiling water, add green beans and cook 4 minutes. Drain.
- Heat a skillet to medium high heat, coat with cooking spray. Add tomatoes, olives and garlic- cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the green beans. Toss around and remove from heat. Add feta cheese and serve.