Instant Pot Greek Chicken
Update: Since publishing this recipe I have since written an Instant Pot eBook for Bariatric Friendly Recipes! Find out more here.
My instant pot journey continues.
I have to admit – I put it away to get it off my countertops for a while and instead grilled about 80% of my dinners! I really, really love grilling season.
However, it has gotten pretty hot. Standing in front of my hot grill isn’t always my favorite (but I still do it). After several requests for more weight loss surgery friendly Instant Pot recipes, I went back to my basement and pulled it back out!
This recipe is a classic dinner I often throw together. I always have Grill seasoning in my house. I always have frozen chicken breast in the deep freezer. My husband often requests olives for snacks when I ask what he’d like from the store. I picked up a pint of cherry tomatoes earlier in the week knowing they would get used in some way!
When it was 5:20pm and I had not started dinner…I knew in an instant, it was an Instant Pot evening. I decided to toss the tomatoes and olives in first under the saute function and then swapped over to the pressure cooker function for the chicken.
Here is my tip: the key to the instant pot is liquid!
Not that you want to overdo it but start with the chicken broth then add the chicken and the seasonings. If you do those things in the wrong order you might get a rude BURN message!
I’ll continue to work on my Instant Pot recipe collection. In the meantime here are just a few more!
Instant Pot Cowboy Stew *members recipe*
Instant Pot Greek Chicken
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp Greek seasoning
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes. halved
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, halved
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Start by prepping the veggies and getting out the frozen chicken. Turn the Instant Pot to the saute function and add 2 tsp olive oil to the bottom.
- Add cherry tomatoes and olives. Stirring somewhat frequently until the skins of the tomatoes begin to blister. Remove to a bowl and drain any remaining oil.
- Add chicken broth to the Instant Pot followed by the frozen chicken breast (or fresh). Coat both sides of chicken with Greek Seasoning. Place lid on the cooker and move the venting valve to closed. Select the poultry option and cook for 10 minutes if frozen, 6 minutes if fresh.
- Allow to naturally release 8-10 minutes then move valve to open to manually release any remaining pressure. Serve with tomatoes and olives. (Add reduced fat Feta cheese crumbles for added flavor!)