Low Carb Stuffed Mushroom Cap – WLS Recipe
Another bariatric friendly meal that keeps things SIMPLE with lots of FLAVOR! Two very important keys for success when it comes to sticking with your post-op weight-loss surgery diet. Keep variety and flavor in your foods, but keep recipes simple and realistic for your everyday life. That’s why I post the recipes that I do! Simple. Delicious. Healthy.
Gastric Sleeve and Gastric Bypass patients, if you haven’t utilized mushroom caps in your low-carb kitchen, this is a great recipe to start with. Instead of eating just a bowl of meat, have some fun and get some veggies in your meal! Another great stuffed mushroom recipe are these Portabello Mushroom Pizzas. Yummmmms!
Be sure to sign up for the FoodCoachMe email list for more Bariatric friendly recipes, videos, articles and more!
Low Carb Stuffed Mushrooms - WLS Recipe
- 3 portabello mushroom caps
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 2 tbsp fat-free balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded 2% mozzarella cheese
- Heat skillet to medium high heat. Brown turkey meat and drain. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and add balsamic vinaigrette. Stir and heat 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile use a wet paper towel to clean off mushroom caps. Remove stem and ribs of mushrooms.
- Heat a grill or griddle pan to medium high heat and add mushroom caps, top down. Heat for 5 minutes and then flip over. Scoop turkey meat into mushroom cap and heat another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cheese over top. Let cool and serve.