Back to School Special!
$25 to BariBox, with purchase of 12 month membership*See Details
*new customers only
Pork and Broccoli Stir Fry – Bariatric Recipes
Confession: I don’t tend to branch out into the realm of Asian cooking. I think it’s because I don’t recognize any of the ingredients, and in fact, have no idea where to find them. I can’t tell you what exactly came over me to try something new, but I went for it. I chose a recipe with fresh ginger (never happens) and a sauce I’ve never purchased (oyster). I had to ask a clerk for help, but she didn’t know either. I didn’t give up. When in doubt, try the “International Foods” aisle. Got it!
Surprisingly (to me anyway) the sauce was not expensive…around $1.75. It did provide a bit of unique flavor and something I will likely use again in the future! I went a little lighter on the sauce to keep the sugar/carb content lower in my dish.
What about you? Do you branch of with new cuisines? Or shy away when something looks too new for you to try?
Pork and Broccoli Stir Fry - Bariatric Recipes
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce found in the International Foods aisle
- olive oil spray
- 12 oz boneless pork chops, thinly sliced
- 8 oz broccoli florets
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced optional
- In a small bowl mix together 3/4 cup water and 1/4 cup oyster sauce.
- Heat wok or large skillet over medium high. Spray with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Add pork and cook until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Spray again with oil and add broccoli, mushrooms and garlic. Cook about 2 minutes.
- Add ginger and oyster sauce. Cook about 3 minutes more. Return pork and juices. Stir 1 to 2 minutes to heat pork through. Season with salt and pepper as needed.