Red Pepper Bruschetta Turkey Meatballs – WLS Recipe
My local grocery store carries Jenny-O Italian Turkey Meatballs and they have quickly become a (nearly) every week grocery store purchase! I use them for my SUPER FAST 5 Minute Zucchini and Meatballs. When I didn’t have the ingredients I thought I had (mom brain) I created this little twist of a meal using jarred roasted red peppers for a bruschetta topping. The peppers are soft in texture and sweet in flavor with a tiny hint of the roasted flavor. The fresh basil…of course…really takes this meal to the next level!
A note to post-ops: while the turkey meatballs are fairly soft in comparison to some solid proteins, be sure to cut each meatball up into tiny bites before you get started. Then you can strategically get a little of the topping into each little bite of meatball. Always focus on more protein than anything but you’ll love the added flavor of the toppings!
Red Pepper Bruschetta Turkey Meatballs - WLS Recipe
- 12 oz pre-cooked Italian Turkey Meatballs Jenny-O preferred brand
- 6 oz jarred roasted red peppers comes in 15 oz jar
- 1/2 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- Microwave Italian turkey meatballs for 3 minutes per package instructions.
- Meanwhile, place roasted red peppers in a bowl and use kitchen shears to quickly and easily chop the peppers.
- To the red peppers, add cheese and salt and pepper. Microwave 45 seconds. Stir in fresh basil.
- Spread topping over turkey meatballs.