Roasted Pear & Feta Burger – Low Carb WLS Recipe
Yep. I put cinnamon in a turkey burger. Mr W is super proud that he could “detect” what the secret ingredient was. It makes this burger something really special.
Not to mention the roasted pear! This burger has something slightly sweet to it, but still burger-y. I put caramelized onions and feta cheese on top. A really fast meal that seems gourmet- if I had to pick a style of cook I want to be…that would be it! And also, healthy & affordable. So I would pick a quick, affordable, healthy gourmet cook. Too much?…
This content is reserved for members only. To view this and other great recipes, videos, surgery-specific education, and weekly meal plans, sign up for a Food Coach Me Premier Membership here.
Roasted Pear & Feta Burger - Low Carb WLS Recipe
- 1 pear, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, sliced
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup low fat feta cheese
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp sage (optional)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Heat oven to 400F. Place pear slices on a baking sheet and roast until lightly browned (about 10 minutes). Meanwhile, in a bowl mix together turkey, egg, salt & pepper and other seasonings if using. Form into 5 patties.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium- add onions and sauté until golden. Remove onions and add burgers, working in batches as needed to not overcrowd the pan.
- Cook burgers in skillet or grill for 4 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165F. Sprinkle with feta at the end of cooking and then remove from skillet.
- Top burgers with onions and pears and serve.