Back to School Special!
$25 to BariBox, with purchase of 12 month membership*See Details
*new customers only
Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Casserole – Bariatric Recipes
In the world of squash there are varying degrees of “starchy-ness.”
Least starchy- zucchini, yellow
Most starchy- butternut & acorn
Thus, I traditionally use zucchini and yellow squash in my cooking. I use thinly sliced zucchini squash for a No Noodle Lasagna. It’s delicious.…
This content is reserved for members only. To view this and other great recipes, videos, surgery-specific education, and weekly meal plans, sign up for a Food Coach Me Premier Membership here.
Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Casserole - Bariatric Recipes
- 1 small spaghetti squash yields about 3 cups cooked squash
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 2 cups low sugar marinara sauce
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
- 8 tbsp reduced fat grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350. Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds and fibers. Sprinkle some salt and pepper over the squash. Bake in oven for about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef, drain and add marinara sauce. In a 13x9 inch baking pan, spread 1/2 the sauce in the bottom.
- Remove squash from oven, let cool. Shred with a fork- should shred in the consistency of spaghetti noodles. Layer on top of meat sauce. Add cottage cheese, and parmesan cheese.
- Add another layer of meat sauce and squash. Shred mozzarella over top. Bake for 20 minutes.