Tomatillo Huevos Rancheros – WLS Recipes
I love making a good brunch in our house. It makes our days off seem super special. I take my time while I’m cooking it, sipping on coffee and enjoying being in my yoga pants for far too long.
I love brunch so much I bought a Brunch Cookbook from Williams and Sonoma for the yearly cookbook exchange I have with my girl friends. Likewise it’s not surprising I ended up with the Breakfast For Dinner Cookbook my friend Emily brought :-) Oh brunch. How I love thee.…
This content is reserved for members only. To view this and other great recipes, videos, surgery-specific education, and weekly meal plans, sign up for a Food Coach Me Premier Membership here.
Tomatillo Huevos Rancheros - WLS Recipes
- 1 green onion minced
- 1 cup prepared tomatillo salsa (salsa verde)
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 4 large eggs
- 2 oz 2% shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add green onion and cook 1 to 2 minutes then add tomatillo salsa and a pinch of cumin. Simmer covered until hot, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and crack eggs over top. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and cover until the eggs are cooked through.
- Scoop egg with salsa mixture on a plate and top with lettuce, tomato, cilantro and cheese.