Turkey Sausage & Mozzarella Meatloaf – Low Carb WLS Recipe
Ohhh yes. It’s time for another meatloaf recipe! I love meatloaf so much, I think I will soon make a separate “meatloaf” category on the blog. Not everyone shares in my love, but if you do, you gotta try this!
I bought Sweet Italian turkey sausage links and removed the casing for this recipe. SO much flavor! For extra fun I stuffed it with some 2% mozzarella cheese cubes. Mr W keeps asking if we have any left…even though he knows we don’t. Perhaps it’s his subtle way of asking me to make it again ;-)
Important tips: be sure to keep a thermometer handy in your kitchen and check the temperature of your meats! Poultry should read 165F.
Turkey Sausage & Mozzarella Meatloaf - Low Carb WLS Recipe
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup reduced fat grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb Sweet Italian Turkey or Chicken Sausage, uncooked, casings removed
- 1/2 cup low sugar marinara sauce
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary or Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 oz 2% mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Beat egg in a medium sized bowl and add all other ingredients except cheese.
- Mix ingredients together well until incorporated. Add to a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray or olive oil. Form into a loaf.
- Press cubes of cheese down into the loaf, about a 1/2 inch down. Seal off the top by pinch the meat over the cheese.
- Put into oven and bake 30 minutes. Allow to cool, then slice and serve.