Aloha Hawaiian Burger
It’s mid May as I write this and that means one thing. The beginning of burger season. Aloha Hawaiian Burger! A fantastic weight loss surgery recipe.
It’s a total bonus that this time of year naturally brings visions of grills and grilled meats! Wahoo!
I love burgers so much…a quick search for “burgers” on this site will bring up approximately 32 recipes for burgers…that’s not a joke! ;-)
Tip: Make your burgers into sliders for a post-op sized meal. Use a cookie scoop if you have one! Wonderful way to make the right sized slider and most will come out to about 2 ounce portions. Fill it with water first to check the size of yours! But remember you will lose some weight when cooking so don’t overly concern yourself with the portion. Focus more on finding your own filling point and stop where you feel most comfortable.
Another tip: Split your ground turkey/beef into two and season burgers two different ways to keep variety in your meal plan!
Post-ops: Keep bites TINY and pause in between each bite, stopping at the first sign of fullness. Burgers are a very dense protein source which is wonderful for hunger control but must be eaten with caution!
For more meal plans, access to all recipes and other members features read more here about the Premier Access Membership!
Aloha Hawaiian Burger - WLS Recipe
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp low sugar barbecue sauce
- 3 tbsp reduced fat grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 tsp Montreal steak seasoning other steak seasoning okay too
- 3 slices reduced fat Swiss cheese optional
- 3 slices pineapple in light or natural juice, drained, cut in half
- 3 slices turkey bacon, cut in half
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and add turkey bacon. Bake at 400 for about 10 minutes or until crispy. Set aside. (This step can also be done in the microwave. Follow package instructions).
- Meanwhile combine beef, egg, parmesan cheese and steak seasoning. Shape into 6 patties (depending on preferred size).
- Grill patties 7-8 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Grill pineapple slices for about one minute per side. Place burgers on a plate and top each with barbecue sauce, Swiss cheese, turkey bacon and a pineapple slice.