Avocado Chicken Salad – Bariatric Recipes
Chicken salad is such a great lunch option for me. I love making a big batch of chicken salad and having it ready for a fast lunch for the next few days. No re-heating required. Just open the lid and enjoy!
For this reason, I make chicken salads is numerous ways. I’ve made an Asian Peanut Chicken Salad, a Mexican Chicken Salad and a slighty sweet Classic Chicken Salad. This Avocado Salad joins the ranks with many other of my favorites.
Eat it as is with a fork, or put in on cumber or tomato slices for something a little extra special.
Avocado Chicken Salad - Bariatric Recipes
- 1 lb chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp each salt & pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- Start with cooking your chicken. There are many ways to do this, my personal choice is using my Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker. You can also bake, slow-cook, boil or stove top cook the chicken. Let it cool and cut into pieces. (I use my Pampered Chef Salad Choppers to get the job done fast and don't even need it to cool first!)
- While the chicken is cooking, slice the avocado and chop the cilantro. Once the chicken is ready, add it to a large bowl. Add the avocado, cilantro, salt & pepper and lime juice.
- Toss all the ingredients together. Cover the bowl and refrigerate to let cool.