Back to School Special!
$25 to BariBox, with purchase of 12 month membership*See Details
*new customers only
California Cobb Salad – WLS Recipe
Don’t you just LOVE a good Cobb Salad???
And California Cobb to me says one thing….avocado. Yes, please!
That’s the trick here. Avocado is so rich in calories, you have to be very smart how you use it. I modified a recipe from a Pampered Chef cookbook and loved how it came out. You add the avocado to plain Greek yogurt with lemon juice for a dressing. Cut out the fat and sugar from a dressing and a little goes a long way so you don’t end up getting a large portion of avocado in the end! Just that great flavor. It looks super thick when you make it, but it covers the salad perfectly.
Some postop patients do great with salads and lettuce. Others not so much. This may be a better recipe for preop patients, unless you are a Gastric Sleeve or Bypass patient who knows yourself well and can tolerate this recipe without trouble. For all postop patients, be sure to focus on the protein over the lettuce. Even if your bowl is all lettuce when your done, at least you got in the chicken, egg and turkey bacon!
This salad is very filling because it does have so many sources of protein. Chicken, eggs, turkey bacon and Greek yogurt. Awwwesome.
California Cobb Salad - WLS Recipe
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- 1 tbsp chicken seasoning of choice
- 2 eggs, hard boiled
- 3 slices turkey bacon, diced and cooked
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 head head of romaine, washed and chopped
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup plain 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat oven to 350 F. Toss chicken tenders with seasoning and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through (internal temp of 165 F)
- Meanwhile, prepare other ingredients. In a large bowl add romaine dressing, cherry tomatoes, turkey bacon, and chopped boiled egg. Once chicken is cook, diced and add to bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine ingredients for dressing. I used my Pampered Chef® Manual Food Processor but you could use a medium bowl and the back of a large fork or spoon to smash and mix the avocado.
- Add the dressing to the bowl (it will seem thick) and toss several times until coated. Serve.