Caprese “Pasta” Bowl – WLS Recipe
I’ve always loved the flavors of Caprese Salad. Fresh basil, fresh mozzarella and tomatoes. This recipe adds chicken and zucchini noodles for a full entree meal!
Pre and Post-Ops alike will enjoy this recipe. Be sure to focus on the high protein chicken pieces along with the fresh zucchini and mozzarella. Leftovers will stay for a few days but it does make for quite a bit of food.
Post-ops! Don’t forget to focus on tiny bites and eating slowly. Focus on two bites of protein to one bite of veggie. One tip I have: cut the chicken into very small cubes before you even cook it. Not only with the chicken cook faster but it will keep your bites small when it comes time to enjoy it!
ALSO! This is my preferred pick for making zucchini noodles (affiliate link) OXO Good Grips Serrated Peeler, Black
Caprese "Pasta" Bowl - WLS Recipe
- 1 lb chicken breast cubed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 2 Zucchini Squash
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella cubed
- Cube chicken and season with salt, pepper and oregano. Heat a non-stick skillet to medium heat. Spray with cooking spray or with light olive oil. Cook 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare other ingredients. Peel zucchini into noodles using a serrated peeler. If you don't have a serrated peeler use a regular peeler or spiralizer. Cute mozzarella and chop fresh basil.
- When chicken is done cooking, remove from pan and set aside. Spray the pan again and return to heat. Add garlic and tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes are starting to burst.
- Add zucchini noodles, basil and chicken to the pan. Heat all the ingredients through and toss on occasion. Noodles will start to look soft.
- Remove from heat and transfer to serving bowl. Toss with fresh mozzarella and serve.