Chicken Avocado Burger – Bariatric Recipes
This recipe is way too simple for avocado lovers to miss. With hunks of avocado mixed in the chicken burger patty, you will get an awesome surprise of creamy avocado in each bite!
Because avocado is packed with heart healthy fats, you do need to be cautious of the portion size. Limit your healthy fats servings in a day if you are watching your weight. (Ex: Skip the almonds if you are having avocado.) A good serving size is about 1/8 of a slice…so it’s pretty limited :)
For this recipe, I used half an avocado and made 4 burger patties. This means it because 1/8 of a slice per burger patty! See what I did there?!
Chicken Avocado Burger - Bariatric Recipes
- 1 lb ground chicken (or turkey)
- 1/2 ripe avocado, cubed
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- Cut the avocado half into chunks. Toss with parmesan cheese and garlic.
- Fold the mixture into the ground chicken being cautious not to mash the avocado.
- Form the mixture into 4 burger patties (or 6 smaller patties). Heat a grill pan on the stovetop to medium and grill on each side for about 5 minutes. Check the temperature is at 165F before serving.