Cobb Stuffed Chicken Breasts – Bariatric Recipes
For this recipe, I need you to think of all the things you love about a good Cobb Salad….and then envision it stuffed inside a chicken breast. That’s what I made last week. Thank you Rachael Ray for this original recipe that I only slightly modified to fit a bariatric diet. I find this genius! And delicious.
Cobb Stuffed Chicken Breasts - Bariatric Recipes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts split open like a book and pounded thin
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped finely
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup reduced fat blue cheese crumbles
- 12 slices turkey bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and dried thyme.
- In a separate bowl combine red onion, chopped boiled egg and blue cheese crumbles. Divide mixture in the center of the split chicken. Roll chicken closed and secure with toothpicks.
- Wrap three strips of turkey bacon around on each chicken breast. Place on baking stone or a cookie sheet lined with foil. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until internal temp of thickest part of chicken reads 165F.