Crockpot Cheese Steak & Peppers – WLS Recipes
With or without cheese…this meal is awesome.
In fact, I ate leftovers the next day without the cheese and it was wonderful! The moisture in the beef is outstanding and the flavors will make you very happy.
My secret weapon for this meal: my Simple Slicer from Pampered Chef. This thing is great for slicing peppers and onions…which I use all the time for fajitas or when I make my zucchini lasagna.
I chose the leanest and least expensive cut of beef. I found a chuck roast, without visible fat, on sale at Target for $10. It was way worth the expensive and still much cheaper than dinner out!
Crockpot Cheese Steak & Peppers - WLS Recipes
- 2 lbs lean chuck roast
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 2 yellow onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1/2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese or provolone cheese
- Place beef, broth, soy sauce, garlic, half the peppers and half the onions in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 7 hours.
- Add the remaining onions and peppers and cook another 30 minutes.
- Shred the beef using two forks.
- Serve into bowls and top with shredded low fat cheddar or provolone and put in the microwave for 20 seconds to melt the cheese.