Easy Cobb Salad
Say hello to my latest favorite recipe. I think I’ll make it again this week! I’ve always loved the flavors of a great cobb salad. The one at Panera is one of my favorites and this easy at home version totally fits the bill!
Not all bariatric patients do well with salad. While it’s approved for (my) patients past 6 weeks post-op, it’s still important to take it very slow with small bites. Some patients do just fine with lettuce while other have to stick to less “fluffy” vegetables and more crunch peppers or soft green beans.
If you’ve have Gastric Bypass, Sleeve, Band or Duodenal Switch surgery be sure to focus on the protein sources of the salad first. You can always add additional protein toppings like boiled eggs or turkey bacon, although this “basic” recipe skips those in order to keep the name EASY in the title :) Although I love both of those toppings! Take two bites of protein to every one bite of vegetable or avocado to ensure you’re not only getting protein in your diet but will have better hunger control throughout the day.
Easy Cobb Salad - WLS Recipes
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2 cups cooked pre-cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 large tomato cut into large chunks
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup low-fat Italian dressing
- Place lettuce in a salad bowl. Toss will all ingredients except dressing.
- Drizzle with dressing right before serving.