Edamame Hummus – Bariatric Snack Ideas
Edamame Hummus – The Laughing Cow® provided me with product and a $25 gift card for this review. However, thoughts and opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the brand.
Years ago I had edamame hummus from Trader Joes® and loved it. The thing is, we don’t have a Trader Joe’s in my area. I was on vacation in California and picked up a container with a bag of carrots for a picnic. The long, lost edamame hummus that still comes to mind….
When The Laughing Cow® provided me with product and a gift card and ask me to help them Reinvent Snacking, I thought of my old friend. I checked out of a few recipes online and decided I could make edamame hummus with way less ingredients and no oil using The Laughing Cow® Cheese to make it creamy!
And so…that’s what I did. I used my food processor to cream together edamame and wedges of creamy swiss. I added a bit of lemon juice to smooth it out, instead of the oil. A pinch of salt and pepper and moments later my carrots had a friend! And so did I!
This recipes is perfect for the upcoming Super Bowl weekend – especially if you’ve had weight-loss surgery. Low in fat and delicious with carrots. Take that chips and high-fat dip!!!!
- 13 oz steamer bag shelled edamame
- 3 wedges The Laughing Cow® Creamy Swiss
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp each salt & pepper
- raw carrots, celery, bell pepper for dipping
- Heat the edamame per package instructions. Transfer to the bottom of a food processor.
- Add wedges of The Laughing Cow® Creamy Swiss. Pulse to blend well.
- Add juice of half a lemon and pulse continuously until it looks creamy. Use a small rubber spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add a pinch of each sea salt and black pepper and stir. Place in a bowl and serve with veggies.