Greek Salad with Chicken Breast – WLS Recipes
Welcome to my lunch for the past few days. It…is…awesome.
I love the flavors of a Greek style salad. Lemon juice, some apple cider vinegar….feta cheese…black olives. Shoot- is it lunch time again yet??
I get all my awesome Pampered Chef chopping/slicing/dicing tools out on a Sunday and make a big bowl full of this salad. Then I divide it over several containers and have my lunches ready to go for the first few days of the week. I’m so happy with myself when it’s lunch time Tuesday and I’m all set to go!
Greek Salad with Chicken Breast - WLS Recipes
- 2 cups chicken breast, cooked & chopped See step one
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup whole Greek olives
- 3/4 cup low fat feta cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350F (unless using pre-cooked chicken). Season chicken with 1/4 tsp salt and pepper. Add to baking dish and pour 1 inch chicken broth to the dish. Bake 25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165F. Once cool enough to handle, move to cutting board and chop. Refrigerate until ready to add to salad.
- In a medium bowl toss all the veggies together; cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, tomatoes and olives.. Top with chicken and feta cheese.
- In a separate dressing mixer cup or small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice and red wine vinegar. Add a tsp each salt and pepper. Drizzle on salad and toss.