Enrolling Now! Winter 2023 Focus Month
Get focused with us February 6 to March 5Get More Info Here!
Healthy Holiday Side Dishes: Green Beans with Toasted Pecans
You might see a trend on my recent posting on healthy side dishes….I really like green beans. It’s not that I don’t like anything else, I do. But I just love green beans so much I tend to create several varieties of green bean dishes!
Toasted pecans will provide such a wonderful aroma in the kitchen. It’s not too strong, but just warm and yummy enough to know it’s holiday time. This exact recipe with roasted brussels sprouts instead would also be a delicious and simple side dish.
Green Beans with Toasted Pecans
- .25 cup pecans coarsely chopped
- 1 pounds green beans stem ends removed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper ground
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pecans on a rimmed baking sheet; toast until fragrant, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Set a steamer basket in a large saucepan. Fill with enough water to come just below basket; bring to a simmer. Place green beans in basket; cover, and steam until crisp-tender, 5 to 7 minutes. (Alternatively you can use a microwave safe steamer bowl with vented lid or buy a frozen steamer bag of green beans.)
- Transfer green beans to a serving platter; drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with pecans.