Jalapeno Cheddar Chicken Chili – Low Carb & WLS Friendly
If you’ve had a weight-loss surgery, or are preparing to have a weight-loss surgery soon, you’ll love this option for a low-carb chicken chili!
Chili is such a bariatric friendly dish and can be made SO many different ways! Even on this site, a quick search for “chili” will bring up pages of options.
I love this “jalapeño popper chicken chili” and use it for entertaining often. Loaded in protein but not short on flavor! A little cream cheese to give it a creamy texture without getting you into too much trouble.
If you’ve had Gastric Sleeve, Gastric Bypass, Gastric Banding or Duodenal Switch surgery, dice your chicken up well before cooking and you’ll be on track to keep your bites small when the meal is ready. The broth will also help to keep your chicken tender and moist. Enjoy!
Jalapeno Cheddar Chicken Chili - Low Carb & WLS Friendly
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 1" pieces
- 1/3 cup jarred jalapeño slices, diced
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup low-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup pepperjack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup carrots or baby carrots, diced or sliced thinly
- Coat bottom of large stock pot with non-stick cooking spray. Heat to medium heat and add chicken pieces and chopped jalapeño cooking until chicken is opaque.
- Add seasonings to the pot and stir, cooking for a minute more.
- Stir in chicken broth and carrots. Turn heat to low and let simmer about 20 minutes or until carrots are soft.
- Add cream cheese and pepper jack cheese. Stir until mixed well. Let simmer another 5 minutes. Serve when ready.