Jalapeno Lime Steak Foil Pack
Foil pack dinners are simply wonderful. Especially when it’s time to clean up! With grilling season arriving this past month, I’ve been thrilled to get back into foil pack grilled dinners. Oh…except it was raining when it was time to make these. That, I did not love.
These types of meals are perfect after weight loss surgery. One meal will last several days. Focus on the protein and get a little veggie into your life while you’re at it. But of course, this steak we are talking! If you’ve had Gastric Sleeve or Gastric Bypass surgery, be certain that you take very small bites and eat slowly to tolerate this meal well and feel great afterwards.
Jalapeno Lime Steak Foil Pack - WLS Recipe
- 2 (6-8 oz) lean sirloin steaks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 white onion, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt & black pepper
- Other items: 4 square pieces of heavy duty foil
- Place each steak in the center of a piece of foil. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Add bell pepper, onion, jalapeño and cilantro on top of the steaks. Squirt lime juice over each and leave 1/2 a lime in each packet.
- Place a second piece of foil on top of the steak and fold the edges.
- Place steak in the refrigerator to marinate while you heat the grill or oven. For oven baked, heat oven to 450 and place foil packs in oven for 15 minutes. For grilling, heat grill to medium and grill for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Open carefully to peak and see if steaks are finished. Removed from foil to plates and serve.