Kickin Chipotle Beef Burger
Low-carb, high protein and dairy free bariatric recipe
How spicy is it?
These Kickin Chipotle Beef Burger do have some kick. If you’re wondering just how spicy I think they would be a 2.5 on a scale of 1 to 5. That’s a very made up number, however, as someone who can handle some spice but not too much this was at just the right level of heat for me.
I really enjoyed the sliced tomatoes to balance out the heat slightly. I had a small piece of tomato witch eat bite of burger and really enjoyed the meal.
If you aren’t familiar with chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, they have a bit of a smokey flavor with a little kick. You can find them in most grocery stores in the Hispanic food aisles. If you’re from Texas you may laugh that I would need to explain chipotle peppers!
Low-Carb, dairy free, gluten free
We hit all major diet restrictions in this recipe! Nearly every recipe on this site will be low-carb which helps most recipes to avoid gluten (this may depend on what brands of products you use for certain ingredients.
It is also a dairy free recipe. If you’re avoiding milk, cheese and yogurt below are a few other recipes you may be interested in:
Kickin Chipotle Beef Burgers
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce diced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 green onions diced
- 4 tomato slices
- 1/4 cup baby spinach leaves
- Heat an outdoor grill to medium high heat.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine all ingredients. Tip: Chop the chipotle peppers quickly by putting them in a small bowl and using kitchen shears to dice. Repeat with green onion.
- Form mixture into 4 patties. Place on heated grill and close lid. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove from heat.
- Top with lettuce and tomato slices and serve.