Low Carb Turkey Burger with Feta & Mint Yogurt Sauce – WLS Recipe
I love the creamy and cool texture of this yogurt sauce over a delicious turkey burger patty. This recipes is packed to the brim with protein between the burger patty and the Greek yogurt over top. After weight loss surgery, you’ll be thankful for a recipe that will fill you up on a small portion, and keep you full for hours.
Be sure to take small bites, eat slowly and avoid liquids with eat to get the absolutely biggest bang for your buck in your surgical restriction. You’ll be full for hours after a meal like this. And get ready for leftovers! This meal makes a wonderful reheated lunch (but of course, keep the yogurt sauce separate so you can reheat the burger without the sauce on top!)
After Gastric Sleeve, Gastric Bypass and Gastric Banding surgery, burger recipes are a must in your kitchen. Bookmark this recipe along with other burger recipes on the site such as Southwest Stuffed Burger, Simple Salmon Burgers, Buffalo Turkey Burger and this awesome Chicken Avocado Burger. Happy eating!
Low Carb Turkey Burger with Feta & Mint Yogurt Sauce - WLS Recipe
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced/pressed
- Grated rind of 1 lemon (save juice for yogurt sauce)
- 1/4 tsp each salt & pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp reduced fat feta cheese crumbles
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Combine all the burger ingredients together in a bowl. Mix well and form into six patties.
- Heat a grill pan over medium high heat and spray with cooking spray. Add patties and cook about 5 minutes per side or until cooked through (internal temp should read 165F).
- Meanwhile, combine all yogurt sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Remove burgers from heat, let cool slightly and add yogurt sauce over top for serving.