Roasted Parmesan Brussels Sprouts – WLS Recipes
Growing up, we didn’t eat brussels sprouts. For one reason- Dad made a scene about how awful they were so none of us kids would dare touch them. My mom was not impressed.
Thus I didn’t each a single brussels sprout until I was out of college. Roasted or sautéed is the way to go for me. And this method (tossed with grated parmesan cheese and topped with a little extra shredded cheese) solidified that my children will not be so lucky to escape their youth without this delicious green vegetable.
Also, it must be stated…upon seeing the brussels sprouts on his dinner plate Mr W said “I never would have thought I’d be a grown man and my wife would get me to eat brussels sprouts…” Let’s just say I didn’t have to try that hard. That plate was CLEAN people.
Roasted Parmesan Brussels Sprouts - WLS Recipes
- 1 lb brussels sprouts
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced fat grated parmesan cheese
- 2 oz shredded parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 425. Remove outer leaves and cut Brussels sprouts in half.
- Toss with olive oil, grated parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Spread out on a baking stone or line a baking sheet with foil.
- Roast Brussels sprouts in the oven about 18 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle shredded parmesan cheese over the top. Return to oven for about 2 minutes. Remove again and serve.