Santa Fe Pulled Chicken – WLS Recipes
Another great Mexican style chicken meal! Unless you’re allergic to chicken, you can never have too many of these :)
This meal can be made in the slow cooker or the oven. I actually made mine in the microwave using my Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker. Any of the above will work great.
I used an extra pinch of cayenne to give it a kick. This, of course, is optional.
Santa Fe Pulled Chicken - WLS Recipes
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14.4 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 7 oz (half a can) black beans, rinsed
- 4 oz chicken broth
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- plain Greek yogurt for topping, optional
- Place all ingredients except cilantro and green onions in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Cook on low 7 hours. Can also use a dutch oven; bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Once chicken is cooked and internal temp reads 165F, shred the meat using two forks. Sprinkle with green onions and cilantro and serve. Optional: add a dollop of plain Greek yogurt for sour cream alternative.