Shredded Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Bariatric patients – these Slow Cooker Shredded Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps are easy, FULL of flavor and brings in 17 grams of protein for one serving! (One serving is two lettuce wraps).
I love the moisture this chicken keeps as it cooks in the slow cooker with broth and hot sauce. Get creative with other seasonings as you’d wish but this will provide LOTS of flavor as it is too! I used Franks® Hot Sauce in my recipe but you can use any of your favorite bottle hot sauce or wing sauce options.
Use leftovers and make a recipe similar to this Buffalo Chicken Salad…makes a great lunch!!
If you’ve had a weight loss surgery procedure, this recipe is FILLED with recipes just for you. Members have access to more than 500 bariatric friendly recipes as well as meal plans to help them stay on track to their goals. Members also enjoy a library of educational videos to common questions by myself (Steph Wagner, Bariatric Dietitian) and access to me through email for any questions along their journey! Find out more about membership here.
Shredded Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps - Bariatric Recipe
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup hot sauce plus extra for topping
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup reduced fat blue cheese crumbles
- To the bowl of a slow cooker add: chicken, onion, garlic, broth and hot sauce. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Using two forks, shred chicken and stir mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place rinse romaine leaves among plates. Use a slotted spoon to remove chicken from crockpot, allowing as much liquid as possible to drip through and divide among lettuce leaves.
- Drizzle with additional hot sauce if desired and sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles.