Steak Sauce Burger – Bariatric Recipe
Burger season is here in my neck of the woods!
And bariatric surgery patients need all the burger recipes they can get…high protein, high flavor, easy recipes! I love burger season and I have the recipes to prove it:
Buffalo Turkey Burger (member recipe)
Parmesan Turkey Burger (member recipe)
….and that’s just the start. Use the search bar and you’ll fine a laundry list of burger recipes. I even have a meal plan for Burger Week! Okay…you get the picture. I love burger recipes!!! Gastric Sleeve, Band and Bypass patients know what I’m talking about.
This recipe is super simple. How simple? Let’s just say I needed Mr. W to take over dinner prep while I put the baby to bed and he was able to finish dinner. That, my friends, is a very good sign of a simple recipe ;)
Postops – be sure to take tiny bites! Let this solid protein source settle in nicely and keep you filled for hours!!
Steak Sauce Burger - Bariatric Recipe
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- Toppings as desired: arugula and tomato
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium high heat.
- Combine meat and 2 tbsp steak sauce. Form into 4 patties (or 8 small patties for sliders).
- Grill 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Top with arugula, tomatoes and remaining steak sauce. Serve.