Back to School Special!
$25 to BariBox, with purchase of 12 month membership*See Details
*new customers only
Thanksgiving week is upon us! It’s fun to hear everyone’s plans for the hoilday. Many will travel. Many will stay. Many will cook. Many will host. Everyone will eat.
Which brings me to my next point. How on earth could you ever follow a healthy diet on Thanksgiving?? I mean, don’t we get a free pass??
To each his own decision, I suppose. And I will be the first to admit that many, many years I have indulged in all the fixings the table has to offer. The last couple years, however, I have changed my tune. All the things I love about Thanksgiving have very little to do with the food. My family. Relaxation. Christmas decorating. Time off work. Traveling home. I can go on.
Oh yes, I still eat! But I make healthy sides and fill up on the turkey. I skip the dessert. And I read the ads faithfully to determine my Black Friday course of action.
I always feel better after a Thanksgiving done wisely. It doesn’t mean the desserts don’t look and smell amazing. It just means I choose not to find out how great they taste :)
So to sum it all up, here is a 5 point list on how to enjoy Thanksgiving and feeling great afterwards:
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day to stay hydrated and keep your appetite down. Eat “normal” with protein based meals until the main meal.
- Bring sides to share. This year I’ll be making roasted green beans with pine nuts and lemon juice. I’ll also make balsamic vinegar roasted carrots. Another great idea- deviled eggs.
- Fill your plate with turkey/ham first
- Add 2-3 healthy sides with different color/variety to feel like you aren’t missing out.
- Brust your teeth after dinner. Yes, I know it sounds strange. But it helps to stop eating and skip dessert if you’ve got minty fresh breath.
……And go to sleep early to you can get up early for the deals!!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!