Turkey Bacon Chicken Pinwheels – WLS Recipe
Sometimes I find it’s the simplest meals that are sometimes the tastiest. I’m not sure if simplified meals allow the flavors to truly shine….or if I’m just happy with myself for finding a really easy meal . No matter how you cut it, this meal is awesome.
I used a traditional turkey bacon because that’s what was available to me in the store but had I found Maple Turkey Bacon I would have stepped it up a notch. I could have also made this a pepper bacon if I would have put in the extra steps…but alas the simple form was still wonderful.
Turkey Bacon Chicken Pinwheels - WLS Recipe
- 12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 6 slices turkey bacon
- 1 tbsp thyme, dried
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 4 wooden skewers
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- Preheat outdoor grill or grill pan on stove top. Slice chicken breasts into 1-inch thick slices. Turkey turkey bacon strips in half and microwave for 2 minutes.
- With chicken laying on the cutting board, roll half a strip turkey bacon over chicken and add to skewer to secure in place. About three pieces of chicken per skewer.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and thyme. Add to grill on cook, turning once, for about a total of 10-12 minutes; turning once halfway through.