Bacon Spinach Sliders – WLS Burger
Yay for flavor punches! That’s certainly what this burger will do to you, thanks to the Rotel® mixed in and topped over the patty. In my opinion, the more exciting the flavors of your burger patty, the less you care about the no-bun issue. Bariatric patients should use lots of flavors and varieties in their burger patties to keep enjoyment in their protein sources. Just a quick search on the side bar of the website for “burgers” will provide you with a laundry list of fun ideas.
Burger patties are packed with protein and are easy to add flavors into the food without bulking up the meal, making it hard to keep your bites small. Speaking of! Keep your bites the size of a black bean on these guys. Cut your burger before you start eating and be sure to pay attention to your speed. You’ll feel great after your meal and you’ll be plenty full for hours!
Bacon Spinach Sliders - WLS Burger
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 1 cup tightly packed chopped fresh spinach
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked and diced
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 cup diced tomatoes & green chilies, undrained, divided
- 3 oz reduced-fat cheddar cheese, cut into 6 cubes
- Heat greased grill to medium-high heat.
- Mix meat, spinach, turkey bacon, onion powder and 2 Tbsp. tomatoes just until blended; shape into 6 meatballs.
- Divide cheese cubes by 6 and place into center of each meatball, completely enclosing cheese.
- Flatten into burger shape. Grill 5 min. on each side or until done (160ºF).
- Top with remaining tomatoes.