Tuscan Tuna Salad – Bariatric Soft Recipe
This recipe originated from the Spring 2015 edition of Kraft Food & Family (entitled Mediterranean Tuna Tartine). Food & Family one of my very favorite cooking magazine and I highly recommend subscribing! When you are looking for a newer flavor than the traditional tuna salad, this is a great option. There is no mayo but instead using Fat Free Italian dressing and the flavors of fresh produce like lemon and parsley.
If you are on a Bariatric Soft Liquid Diet you will need to omit some of the extras in this recipe until you are cleared for veggies. Follow your program guidelines on how to advance your diet appropriately after Gastric Sleeve or Gastric Bypass surgery. Just with lemon juice and Italian dressing you can still get a fun new flavor!
If you have no restrictions on vegetables the full recipe uses red onion, roasted red pepper and freshly chopped parsley. I served it over a tomato slice. It was a refreshing and protein packed lunch!
Tuscan Tuna Salad - Bariatric Soft Recipe
- 2 cans tuna, packed in water and drained
- 1/4 cup Fat Free Italian dressing
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp chopped roasted red pepper (jarred)
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- zest of one lemon
- Tomato slices for serving (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except the tomato slices.
- Scoop tuna salad over a tomato slices and enjoy!