WLS Mini Hamburgers
Miniature hamburger patties for bariatric surgery patients
Aren’t “mini’s just the cutest!?
AND they are a Bariatric Patients best friend!
Muffins pans are awesome for Gastric Sleeve, Bypass, Band and Duodenal Switch patients, especially when you’re cooking for one. One of my favorite uses is for breakfast egg cups! Oh and my second favorite is to freeze chili into smaller portions!
Okay….back on track. THIS recipe does not use a muffin pan. In fact it uses very little. Little time. Few ingredients. It’s simple and can make soooooo many meals for a postop patient!
WLS Mini Hamburgers!
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 tbsp low sugar barbecue sauce the lowest sugar you can find anyway!
- toppings as desired arugula, cherry tomato, pickle slices
- Combine ground beef, garlic and barbecue sauce. Form into 8 small patties.
- Heat a non-stick grill pan to medium. Grill 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked to desired doneness.
- Stack with toppings and serve.