Black Bean Beef Burger
If you’ve had baraitric surgery and you are past the pureed and soft phases of the diet – I’m guess you’ve often looked to burgers for a high protein meal. Why wouldn’t you? So easy to make and the flavors can vary hundreds of ways! In fact, in this post I share 6 different turkey burger recipes BUT if you use the search bar on the top right corner of the website, type in “burger” and you’ll find a HUGE list of options!
When I think through my “quick and easy” weeknight meals, I often overlook burgers. But I really should stop that!
For whatever reason, I think of burgers as time consuming. While they can be (especially ones that have lots of chopped veggies inside the patty…) a basic burger patty with a variation of toppings can actually be a super quick meal.
It’s an AWESOME post-op recipes because you can divide the portions to small patties. You can also change up the flavors so you don’t get tired of leftovers! It also doesn’t hurt that it’s PACKED WITH PROTEIN and a super filling one at that.
But hey!! Take those tiny bites and eat slowly to tolerate the density in this lean ground beef. Your pouch with thank you :)
Looking for other quick burger recipes? Check these out (link below photos):
Black Bean and Beef Burger
- 1 lb 97% lean ground beef
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 egg white
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- toppings as desired: tomato, lettuce, pickles
- Heat a grill pan on the stove or an outdoor grill to medium heat.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients except what may be used for toppings. Mix well to incorporate and make into 4 patties or 6 smaller patties.
- Grill on each side for approximately 6 minutes. Remove from heat. Serve with toppings as desired.