Classic Taco Salad with Ground Turkey
An easy post-op WLS friendly lunch or dinner
I have to admit, sometimes I hesitate to post such a simple recipe for a classic taco salad.
I think to myself, everyone already knows this easy meal idea. This is nothing new.
So why am I sitting here typing up this recipe and sharing a photo? Well, I’ve noticed sometimes my most simple recipes are the ones people want the most. Maybe you know this recipe already and you forgot about it. Maybe you’ve just never thrown together this version without the chips or rice bariatric patients needs to be avoiding.
Regardless of what brought you here to this recipe, I posted it for you to enjoy :)
I also use this recipe in my written meal plans! Members to my website have access to meal plans I’ve written and this meal is so easily stored for lunches I love to include it.
Classic Taco Salad
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups Bibb lettuce washed and torn
- 2 cups salsa of choice
- 1/2 cup 0% fat, plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream
- 1/4 cup 2% shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown the ground turkey. Drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water and turn heat to low.
- Divide lettuce among plates (or mason jars if making salad jars for lunches, but add lettuce last).
- Top with taco meat, salsa, Greek yogurt and cheese. (For mason jars layers: salsa, lettuce, taco meat, cheese and yogurt. If you prefer warm taco meat on your salad store separately to heat before tossing with salad).