Easy Italian Meatloaf
Meatloaf, an awesome Low Carb Weight Loss Surgery Recipe with so many flavor options
I am a meatloaf fan.
I just plain adore meatloaf. This Easy Italian Meatloaf is both easy and full of Italian seasonings. Amazing.
Over a decade ago I started working in bariatric surgery and the dietitian who was training me mentioned swapping grated Parmesan cheese for breadcrumbs. Not only is it delicious, makes a great texture but is an easy swap to limit carbohydrates in this main protein source entree!
Serve it with a non-starchy vegetable (green beans, steamed carrots or salad are my go to) and you’ll get carbohydrates in a more fiber based veggie!
Easy to make and you can change your approach every time!
and….. Italian Meatloaf.
Yumz!!! This is one of my favorite varieties of meatloaf, and once again you can create it around your taste preferences using your favorite marinara and Italian seasonings.
Easy Italian Meatloaf - Low Carb WLS Recipe
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded 2% mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix meat, 1/4 cup of the spaghetti sauce, grated parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese, onion, egg and seasoning.
- Shape into loaf in 12x8-inch baking dish. Top with remaining 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce and remaining cheese.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until cooked through (160°F). *Tip: speed up cooking time by 10-15 minutes by making two smaller loaves