Chicken Caesar Lettuce Wraps – WLS Recipes
If you love caesar wraps, this is a great option for you! It’s simple and perfect for taking for lunches. Make a big batch of the chicken mixture and you’re set for days!
I used a light Caesar dressing available at my local grocery store and mixed it with Greek yogurt for the added creamy factor. Some shredded parmesan cheese and tomato chunks took it to the next level.
I will admit, lettuce wraps like this are hard to keep from making a big mess! While the wrap was delicious in the comfort of my own home where I could be a mess…if I were taking this to work to eat, I would probably just eat the chicken mixture with a fork :) I prefer butter leaf lettuce for my lettuce wraps.
If you are a post-bariatric surgery patient, this will also be a tricky meal to eat small bites with and some of you may consider sticking with your baby fork. Cocktail forks or shrimp forks are a great way to make sure your bites aren’t too big. When the bite of food is too big, even if you chew it to smithereens, the food will hit your pouch and tell your brain you are full pre-maturely. So an hour later you will wonder why you are hungry again when you just ate. Small bites will ensure you fill up at your meal and stay full for hours.
Chicken Caesar Lettuce Wraps - WLS Recipes
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts see notes on cooking and dicing
- 1/4 cup light Caesar dressing
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 2 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- 8 leaves butterleaf lettuce
- Place fresh chicken breast in a pressure cooker with 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper and 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth. Use the poultry setting and set time to 6 minutes. The pressure cooker will take 8-10 minutes to reach pressure and then the timer will begin. When 6 minutes is complete, leave the pressure cooker for 10 more minutes to allow natural release of pressure. Pressure cooker should open after this point, if not move the valve to "venting" for quick release.
- Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker- place chicken breasts seasoned with 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper in bottom of baker. Microwave 15 minutes.
- Oven baked - heat oven to 350 F. Season chicken with 1/4 tsp salt and pepper. Add 1/2 cup broth to bottom of casserole dish and add chicken. Bake 25-30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165.
- Once chicken is cooked, allow to cool slightly and dice finely. Add to large bowl. Add Greek yogurt, tomato and Parmesan cheese. Mix well to combine. Taste the mixture and season as needed.
- Scoop chicken into lettuce leaf and wrap as tightly as able or eat with a fork.