Deviled Egg Veggie Dip – Bariatric Friendly Appetizer
Deviled Egg Veggie Dip
Bariatric Friendly Appetizer for a party!
With Easter quickly upon us (along with the season of Wedding Showers, Baby Showers and Graduation parties) this recipe is wonderful for a postop weight loss surgery patient – deviled egg veggie dip. One thing I loved most was how much this recipe made! I used eight eggs in this recipe which would have made 16 deviled eggs. In my opinion, those 16 deviled egg halves would have gone much faster than this wonderful veggie dip. Serve it with cucumber slices, bell pepper slices, carrots, celery and more!
The biggest modification I made on this recipe from the original Kraft recipe was the substitution of The Laughing Cow® Cheese in place of cream cheese. It provided the creamy texture with a little added flavor too! Low calorie and a bit more protein (not that this recipe needed it) I opted for it over the light cream cheese.
Deviled Egg Veggie Dip - Bariatric Friendly Appetizer
- 8 hard boiled eggs, divided
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayo
- 4 triangles The Laughing Cow® Cheese, creamy swiss
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 green onions, sliced, divided
- veggies for dipping
- Reserve one boiled egg for garnish later. Cut all the other eggs in half (as if you were making deviled eggs) and remove the yolks into a food processor. Add light mayo, The Laughing Cow® wedges, vinegar, mustard and half of the egg whites. Process until blended and move into your serving bowl.
- Chop the remaining egg white halves coarsely. Stir into the egg mixture along with 2/3 of the green onions.
- Chop the reserved egg and sprinkle over the top along with remaining green onions. Serve with veggies of choice.