Lemon Dill Chicken – WLS Recipe
If you aren’t tired of grilled chicken in your life, here is a great way to prepare a fresh tasting meal! I have to change up my meals often to keep from over chicken-ing.
Fresh dill is a wonderful ingredient. It has a subtle way of making you feel like your having a relaxing summer-time meal. Perhaps because it makes me think of dill dip. Using it fresh on a clean eating meal is likely a better choice than the creamy dip. (Although, I now have a new idea for Greek yogurt and dill veggie dip!)
Very simple and straight forward meal. I served mine with grilled asparagus and red onion. Feel free to adapt to your veggie liking!
Lemon Dill Chicken - WLS Recipe
- 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Zest and juice 1 lemon. In a small bowl whisk together lemon zest and juice, dill, 2 tbsp olive oil and pinch of black pepper.
- Add chicken to a medium baking pan; spoon 2 tbsp lemon mixture over the top, turning pieces several times to coat. Add salt to remaining lemon mixture and set aside.
- Heat the grill (or grill pan) to medium high heat and spray with cooking spray. Add onions to the grill and turn after 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, then asparagus. Turn each about every 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Remove veggies to a cutting board and set chicken aside but keep warm.
- Chop veggies into smaller pieces. Add to bowl with reserved lemon mixture. Toss to coat and spoon over chicken. Serve.