Back to School Special!
$25 to BariBox, with purchase of 12 month membership*See Details
*new customers only
Once again I put my Kraft Food & Family Magazine to good use! This recipe needed slight modification to be it a Bariatric Friendly appetizer, primarily omitting breadcrumbs for more shredded parmesan cheese.
This recipe is so simple and the ingredients can be kept on hand for an “in a pinch” situation or when you’re looking for something different to go with your main protein source. The original recipe called for two cans of artichoke hearts. I made a smaller version and used just one jar.
This particular jar was purchased at Aldi (my preferred bargain shopping location). The full recipe is below but I simply drained this jar and spread the contents in a shallow baking dish. Then I combine these ingredients in a separate bowl:
I spread the Parmesan cheese mixture over the artichoke and baked at 425F for 30 minutes. Be sure to let them cool because they will be very hot AND I found the flavor to be even better when they had cooled a bit.
Low carb and perfect after Gastric Sleeve, Bypass, Band or Duodenal Switch surgery!
Roasted Parmesan Artichoke - Bariatric Appetizer
- 1 (12 oz) jar Artichoke heart quarters, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 5 sprays olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Drain artichoke hearts and spread in a shallow baking dish.
- Combine all other ingredients in a small bowl. Spread over the tops of the artichokes. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool for 5-10 minutes and serve.