Simple Pork Stir Fry
3 ingredients for simple and delicious and simple pork stir fry
Freezer friendly and fast
These days I find myself buying lots of great quality food but without a plan of what I am going to make with it. This simple pork stir fry came out of a quick look at what I had on hand.
This is outside of my typical style and even outside what I usually recommend to my patients and website members.
Shouldn’t we have a plan when we grocery shop? A meal plan? A grocery list at least?
Yes, in a perfect world. But as we battle out staying at home during the COVID-19 crisis, it is not a perfect world. (It wasn’t before, yes, but you get my point).
Right now I go to the grocery store twice a month, at most. I load up on fresh meats and produce but am okay with frozen vegetables too. This particular recipe I had fresh pork chops but I would easily take the pork chops out of my freezer a night or two before, making this a meal I could keep on hand.
Kitchen shears and a skillet
Kitchen shears and a skillet is all you really need here outside of the three ingredients.
I like to use kitchen shears to cut my pork into 1-2 inch squares. I added them to the pan, seasoned with salt and pepper and cooked until the pink was nearly gone.
Then I removed the pork and kept it warm while I added the stir fry bag of vegetables to the skillet. I heated them for 8 minutes, just as the packaged told me. Then I added the pork back and the light Asian dressing.
This of course can be made with chicken or even shrimp as well. I think it’s always worth adding a bag of fajita vegetables to the cart!
Simple Pork Stir Fry
- 1 lb boneless pork chops
- 1 bag stir fry vegetables frozen
- 1/2 cup light Asian dressing
- Heat a large skillet or wok to medium high heat. Using kitchen shears, cut the pork chops into 1-2 inch pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pork to heated pan and cook about 4 minutes or until pink is hardly visible. Remove pork from pan and cover to keep warm.
- Add frozen stir fry vegetables to the skillet. Cook through, stirring on occasion, about 8 minutes.
- Return pork to the pan and add 1/2 cup light Asian dressing. Stir everything to coat and heat a couple minutes. Serve.